Sunday 12 February 2012

Let There Be Light!

Waverly Modern Essentials - Luminary
While the dining room is definitely the happening project at this moment, I have to say that I am taking my sweeeet time completing it. There are a few reasons.

First, I took a trip to Joann's Fabric to pick up a few yards of their Waverly Modern Essentials Luminary in Indigo (at right), but they don't actually have it in stock. Hmph. I'll have to order online and wait before I can make curtain panels.

Second, due to (what I'll assume) is a fluke fault in the construction of our counter tops, we're waiting on the company to come in and repair the damage before I finish painting the kitchen/dining room. That won't be until the end of this month, but that hasn't stopped me from browsing for the room's final touches while I wait.

To recap, this is what the dining room currently looks like:


As mentioned above, that back wall will be painted and the curtain panels will go up - albeit, about six inches higher than the boring ones in the picture above.

There's nothing like a fantastic light fixture to completely make over the feel of a room. The light it throws and its physical presence can ultimately change the atmosphere! No pressure. See what's currently happening in the fixture department? Oh boy. Here are a few better options I've been eyeing ...


1. Turning Pendant in White/Natural, West Elm ($124.73)
2. BOJA Pendant Lamp, IKEA ($59.99)
3. Cluster Glass Pendant, West Elm ($166.65)

I have a feeling this will be the final detail to be completed in the dining room. Let's be clear about something: electrical work is absolutely not a strong skill for either me or the man of the house. In fact, the last time we needed a simple fixture installed, we ended up calling the neighbour over to help. Since he works for an electrical company, we were thrilled. But, as it turns out, he's a salesman ... not an electrician! Woo, boy. (No worries, though. We got a legit electrician to check it all out and it was just perfect.)

To be continued ...


No comments: