Saturday 7 January 2012

Tried & Tested: Products I Love For Baby

When my daughter was born over nine years ago (what?!), I was ready and willing to accept all advice and try just about any product thrown my way. I was gullible and probably frightened by the fact that I was actually someone's mom and that there was no room for failure. Her life depended on me - how could I NOT buy the fancy bottles that prevented colic?! (For the record, she had colic for a full 3 months, despite all efforts.)

Given that this isn't my first rodeo (so to speak), picking out products that would work for me was slightly easier after my son was born in 2010. I'm a lot more realistic about needs and not so easily swayed by flashy advertisements that promise to practically make me a better mom. No, Pampers - store brand diapers aren't just "ok", they are actually pretty rad in my books.

So, over the last year and a half, I've found a few things that totally made sense to have around. While I could live without them, they make life a heck of a lot easier.

Inglesina Fast Table Chair


1. Inglesina Fast Table Chair

Portable, comfortable, and easy to clean. There's nothing fun about a giant high chair that doesn't fit at the table properly, so this was an easy choice for me. Since it folds up nicely, it fits easily into luggage for a baby on the go.



Green Sprouts Silicone Freezer Tray






2. Green Sprouts Silicone Freezer Tray

Deciding to make my son's first foods was so much easier when I found this tray. The frozen cubes pop easily out of the (non-toxic chemical leaching) soft silicone. The bonus is that it can also be used as a regular ice cube tray when you're not making pureed food anymore. At that price, I probably should have gotten a few. If you're wondering, I didn't buy the infamous Baby Bullet ... I borrowed my mom's little food processor.

Combi Zeus 360 Car Seat
3. Combi Zeus 360 Car Seat

Probably the best baby-related purchase of all time. Yep, I said it. This car seat answered my frustrated mom prayers. It can be used rear facing and forward facing with the flick of a button. That's because it rotates 360 degrees. Why is that a big deal, you ask? Because that means there's no more hauling hefty babies sideways into a car seat and ruining your back! The seat also sits a little higher so it's right at waist level in most SUVs. Ahhmazing.

None of these product shout-outs are sponsored - I really do love them. Two thumbs way up for these sanity saving finds! A little research totally pays off.


No comments: